ParkerVision's patent portfolios are key assets for the company.
ParkerVision's extensive and rapidly expanding portfolios of United States and International patents cover many of the pioneering concepts of energy sampling receivers and modulators and high efficiency power transmitters including their methods, applications and implementations.
Our patent portfolios address the creation of energy sampling technologies, applying matched filter concepts to achieve the highest sensitivity, dynamic range and modulation flexibility. A similarly extensive portfolio of patents cover multimode power transmitter technologies that provides very low energy consumption, longer battery life and reduced heat.
ParkerVision's growing portfolios empower our licensees to build value-added multimode power-transceiver SOCs and RF modem systems based on our technologies.
IP protection is a fundamental part of our technology development process
Three value drivers for our IP
- Freedom to operate
- Ability to protect
- Ability to sell
Our patents cover three areas of invention
- Method, Apparatus and Implementation
Patent portfolios cover multiple aspects of each technology
- Prevent others from using individual aspects of our technology, as well as the whole
- Maximize strategic licensing opportunities
ParkerVision's technical team engages in efficient and business-aligned development of Intellectual Property (IP)
- Assess technical challenges in key markets
- Investigate potential solutions through research and development
- Capture IP as an integral part of the process
Well-crafted portfolios provide excellent protection to our partners and licensees
Current patent portfolio as of March 31st, 2012
- 129 issued U.S. patents and 61 foreign
- Over 39 additional U.S. patents and 15 foreign pending
Patent portfolios are very young - avg. 3.7 years*
- Well positioned to support future growth
PatentVest Tech Score: 2.0 (mean is 1.0)*
- Patents being cited twice as often as peer group
- Patents cited by large electronics companies
- Metric helps illustrate licensing potential
PatentVest Tech Isolation Score: 84.5%*
- Indicates strong barriers to entry and defensibility established by our IP
*MDB PatentVest Report April, 2010